Meditation is a practice where an individual uses a technique – such as mindfulness, or focusing the mind on a particular object, thought or activity – to train attention and awareness, and achieve a mentally clear and emotionally calm and stable state. Scholars have found meditation difficult to define, as practices vary both between traditions and within them.
Meditation has been practiced since antiquity in numerous religious traditions, often as part of the path towards enlightenment and self realization. Some of the earliest written records of meditation (Dhyana), come from the Hindu traditions of Vedantism. Since the 19th century, Asian meditative techniques have spread to other cultures where they have also found application in non-spiritual contexts, such as business and health.
Types of meditation
- Anapanasathi meditation method.
- Benefits of meditation.
- Pyramid power.
Meditation beneath the pyramid: “By meditating under a pyramid, our whole being is revitalised; the mental, intellectual capacities are increased, and the energy centres gets activated easily,” says Pinky. Pyramid meditation and usage of pyramid power is becoming increasingly common in many places.
*Meditation in Nature:- When we meditate in nature, we bring a receptive presence to the natural world. It comes alive—and so do we. We no longer look at nature as an inert or pretty object, but as a living and breathing world of mystery and sensitivity, a realm of wisdom and learning that is always whispering its teachings to us.
*Full Moon meditation:Energy has been building during the waxing moon phase, and the full moon is the time to release that energy. The time to unburden yourself, and to take action on the intentions you set at the new moon. To expand into your potential. In this meditation, we'll revisit our new moon intentions.
*Group Meditation:Meditating with a group helps to develop a habit. It's easy to find excuses not to meditate at home. Just like meeting friends at the gym for group fitness class can motivate you to work out, finding a meditation group can provide the necessary encouragement for developing a consistent practice.
Meditation may be used with the aim of reducing stress, anxiety, depression, and pain, and increasing peace, perception, self-concept, and well-being. Meditation is under research to define its possible health (psychological, neurological, and cardiovascular) and other effects.
POSTURE FOR MEDITATION:
To meditate, you can sit in any comfortable posture. Cross your feet, clasp your hands together. Your eyes need to be closed since 80% of the stimulation to our brain happens through visual sense. Closing our eyes will restrict the outward movement of 80% of the body’s energy.
Meditation, for how long?
One very common query is regarding the duration of meditation. Your can begin by meditating for the same number of minutes as your age. for example, a 20-year-old can begin by meditating for twenty minutes.
Experiences during meditation
- A feeling of lightness and weightlessness in the body
- A feeling of heaviness in the head or any other part of the body
- You may see different colours
- A mild to severe pain, especially in the lower back area
- A whirling sensation from within
- A feeling like you are floating or flying in the air
- You might see vivid visions of nature, places of workship, Places of workship, deities or gurus etc. These are also known as third-eye visions
Benefits of Meditation
- The mind constantly remains in a peaceful and joyous state
- Memory power increases tremendously
- Higher level efficiency is obtained in whatever work you do
- Required sleep time for the body to rejuvenate gets reduced
- Thought power is boosted tremendously and the ability to judge right from wrong gets sharpened
- Wasteful habits die a natural death
- Healing happens naturally
- Relationships become more meaningful and fulfilling
- You understand the purpose of your life with full awareness and clarity.
- When the pyramid energy is absorbed regularly, the body’s immunity increases significantly
- Meditation under a pyramid is three times more powerful
- Memory power and concentration improves for students who wear pyramid caps while studying
- The will power and power of your thoughts increases with pyramid meditation.
The quality of sleep and the clarity of our dreams improves when we sleep under a pyramid
“Vegetarian food leaves a deep impression on our nature.. if the whole world adopts vegetarianism it can change the destiny of humankind.” - Albert Einstein “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.” - Mahatma Gandhi “Animals do not give their life to us as the sugar coated lie would have it.. no.. we take their lives.. they struggle and fight to the last breath just as we would do if we were in their place.” - john
Vegetarianism is the practice of abstaining from the consumption of meat (red meat, poultry, seafood, and the flesh of any other animal), and may also include abstention from by-products of animal slaughter. Vegetarianism may be adopted for various reasons.
Benefits of vegetarianism:
A vegetarian diet has been linked to a lower risk of cardiovascular risk factors. Studies have found that the more meat people consume, the higher their risk of type 2 diabetes. Vegetarian food tends to be lower in fat, especially saturated fats, and higher in fiber, than animal-based foods.
Anapanasathi meditation method:
Anapanasati is the meditation system expressly taught by the Buddha in which mindful breathing is used to develop both samadhi (a serene and concentrated mind) and vipassana. This practice—said to be the form of meditation used to bring the Buddha to full awakening—is based on the Anapanasati Sutta.
12 Science-Based Benefits of Meditation:
- Reduces Stress. Stress reduction is one of the most common reasons people try meditation.
- Controls Anxiety. Less stress translates to less anxiety.
- Promotes Emotional Health.
- Enhances Self-Awareness.
- Lengthens Attention Span.
- May Reduce Age-Related Memory Loss.
- Can Generate Kindness.
- May Help Fight Addictions.
- Improves sleep.
- Helps control pain.
- Can Decrease Blood Pressure.
- You Can Meditate Anywhere.
Pyramid meditation power:
Pyramid meditation is also supposed to have healing properties. By practising this technique, wounds, boils, and bruises heal quicker; it ensures weight loss, and increases resistance to diseases. It has been known to cure asthma, toothaches, migraine, common cold, high blood pressure, arthritis, epilepsy and insomnia.